Meat Manufacturing Sanitation Supervisor
Sorry, this job has expired.
For more than 80 years, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh, frozen and formulated ground beef products to the food service and retail industries. We have the on-site facilities and staff expertise to formulate, grind, blend and cook meat products to customer specifications.
The Sanitation Supervisor position is an exciting opportunity for growth and advancement within the Birchwood Foods organization. Operating on 3rd shift, you will supervise the sanitation crew as they disassemble equipment; clean and sanitize equipment; and reassemble equipment that is used during 1st and 2nd shift meat production runs daily.
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of benefits for you and your family, including:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan
• Weekend Compensation
• College Degree in Meat/Agriculture Science and/or equivalent experience in the food/meat/sanitation industry preferred
Experience with the following is preferred:
• Meat Manufacturing Sanitation Processes
• CIP Systems
• Industrial Equipment Cleaning and Sanitizing
• Must have a passion for cleanliness, food safety and meat manufacturing
• Assure proper staffing requirements are being met for departmental shifts
• Demonstrate and enforce all safety practices/policies
• Maintain the scheduling and facilitate the safety tool box chats with staff twice a month
• Conduct coaching sessions with staff as needed
• Prepare and present the department’s daily production report.
• Assure efficiencies are met and/or exceeded.
• Perform Supervisor's Accident Investigation as needed
• Manage employee time records
• Responsible for supervisor’s upkeep of new hire training documentation and development
• Assure that all food quality standards are followed
• Verify HACCP and other documents as required by HACCP plan
• Assure that department is running as smooth as possible at all times and eliminate downtime
• Monitor GMP’s and enforcing policies of the company
• 3rd shift