Sorry, this job has expired.
For more than 80 years, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh, frozen and formulated ground beef products to the food service and retail industries. We have the on-site facilities and staff expertise to formulate, grind, blend and cook meat products to customer specifications.
As a Production Supervisor you will be responsible for leading and guiding people and processes in meat production in a timely manner. The Production Supervisor’s goal is to ensure safety of employees, food safety of products produced and ensure efficiency in processing.
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of benefits for you and your family, including:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan
• Weekend Compensation
• College degree in a business or meat/agriculture program food and /or 5 years operational experience in management within the food/meat industry
• Must have safety lock out / tag out training
• Food safety training
• HACCP / GMP training
• Able to make quick and sound decisions
• Responsible and organized
• Assure proper staffing requirements are being met for departmental shifts
• Demonstrate and enforce all safety practices/policies
• Maintain the scheduling and facilitate the safety tool box chats with staff twice a month
• Conduct coaching sessions with staff as needed
• Prepare and present the department’s daily production report.
• Assure efficiencies are met and/or exceeded.
• Perform Supervisor's Accident Investigation as needed
• Communicate and assure the scheduling of raw materials needed for the department’s production schedules
• Responsible for supervisor’s upkeep of new hire training documentation and development
• Assure that all food quality standards are followed
• Verify HACCP and other documents as required by HACCP plan
• Assure that department is running as smooth as possible at all times and eliminate downtime
• Monitor GMP’s and enforcing policies of the company
• Manage employee time records
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Strong math and computer skills, (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
• Team leader and development skills
• 2nd shift
If you are a motivated, self-directed individual driven to achieve maximum success and want to join a company devoted to employee development and being the best in the business, then apply today!