For more than 80 years, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh, frozen and formulated ground beef products to the food service and retail industries. We have the on-site facilities and staff expertise to formulate, grind, blend and cook meat products to customer specifications.
As a Production Supervisor you will be responsible for leading and guiding people and processes in meat production in a timely manner. The Production Supervisor’s goal is to ensure safety of employees, food safety of products produced and ensure efficiency in processing.
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of benefits for you and your family, including:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan
• Weekend Compensation
• College degree in a business or meat/agriculture program food and /or 5 years operational experience in management within the food/meat industry
• Must have safety lock out / tag out training
• Food safety training
• HACCP / GMP training
• Able to make quick and sound decisions
• Responsible and organized
• Assure proper staffing requirements are being met for departmental shifts
• Demonstrate and enforce all safety practices/policies
• Maintain the scheduling and facilitate the safety tool box chats with staff twice a month
• Conduct coaching sessions with staff as needed
• Prepare and present the department’s daily production report.
• Assure efficiencies are met and/or exceeded.
• Perform Supervisor's Accident Investigation as needed
• Communicate and assure the scheduling of raw materials needed for the department’s production schedules
• Responsible for supervisor’s upkeep of new hire training documentation and development
• Assure that all food quality standards are followed
• Verify HACCP and other documents as required by HACCP plan
• Assure that department is running as smooth as possible at all times and eliminate downtime
• Monitor GMP’s and enforcing policies of the company
• Manage employee time records
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Strong math and computer skills, (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
• Team leader and development skills
• 2nd shift
If you are a motivated, self-directed individual driven to achieve maximum success and want to join a company devoted to employee development and being the best in the business, then apply today!