Sorry, this job has expired.
401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
For more than 75 years, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh, frozen and formulated ground beef products to the food service and retail industries. We have the on-site facilities and staff expertise to grind, blend and formulate meat products to exact specifications.
We are in need of a Production Supervisor.
As a Production Supervisor you will be responsible for leading, directing and accounting for people and processes in production in a timely manner. Additionally, you will contribute as a business partner helping in the delivery of plan, mission, goals and values, ensuring the prosperity of the company and our people.
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of benefits for you and your family, including:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan
• College degree in a business, sales, or food science related discipline and /or 5 years operational experience in management inside the food/meat industry
• Must have lock out / tag out training; safety training; and be HACCP / GMP trained
• Experience with any type of SAP, AS400, or MRP management software system.
• Able to make quick and sound decisions.
• Responsible and organized.
• Assure proper staffing requirements are being met for departmental shifts.
• Demonstrate and enforce all safety practices/policies.
• Maintain the scheduling and facilitate the safety tool box chats with staff twice a month.
• Conduct disciplinary actions when warranted with staff.
• Prepare and present the department’s daily production report.
• Assure efficiencies are met and/or exceeded.
• Prepare Supervisor's Accident Investigation Report when warranted.
• Record attendance records on calendar cards for all assigned employees.
• Responsible for supervisor’s upkeep of new hire training documentation and development.
• Communicate and assure the scheduling of raw materials needed for the department’s production schedules.
• Assure that all quality standards are followed.
• Verify HACCP documents as required by HACCP plan.
• Assure that department is running as smooth as possible at all times.
• Monitor GMP’s and enforcing policies of the company.
• Responsible for recording profit & loss in the department.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong math and computer skills, (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
• Team leader and development skills.
1st shift & 2nd shift
If you are a motivated, self-directed individual driven to achieve maximum success and want to join a company devoted to employee development and being the best in the business, then apply today!